GLOBAL TRENDS 2025:
THE NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE COUNCIL’S
Some of our preliminary assessments are highlighted below:
* The whole international system—as constructed following WWII—will be revolutionized. Not only will new players—Brazil, Russia, India and China— have a seat at the international high table, they will bring new stakes and rules of the game.
* The unprecedented transfer of wealth roughly from West to East now under way will continue for the foreseeable future.
* Unprecedented economic growth, coupled with 1.5 billion more people, will put pressure on resources—particularly energy, food, and water—raising the specter of scarcities emerging as demand outstrips supply.
* The potential for conflict will increase owing partly to political turbulence in parts of the greater Middle East.
Check out page 47 for Technology Breakthroughs by 2025 by
accessing the 120 page report here and read for yourself the unclassified report prepared by the National Intelligence Council (NIC).
America in the Year 2025 – From the BBC
Reviewing this newly published Global Trends 2025 Report
- Ubiquitous computing everything and anything with a RFID tag allowing monitoring.
- Clean water technologies enabling faster and efficient treatment systems
- Energy storage battery, ultracapacitors, hydrogen storage and renewables
- Biogerontechnology identifying and treating diseases using biosensors DNA sequencing and medicines focused on targeted drug delivery
- Clean coal technologies of carbon capture sequestration (CCS) to prohibit CO2 release
Human strength augmentation technologies
- Biofuels technology converting lignocellulosic and microalogae material into fuel
- Service robotics autonomous robotic systems
- Human cognitive augmentation technologies vision, hearing, and even memory