Born in Budapest in 1930, Soros survived the Nazi occupation of Hungary during World War II as well as the postwar imposition of Stalinism in his homeland. Soros fled Communist-dominated Hungary in 1947 and made his way to England. Before graduating from the London School of Economics in 1952, Soros studied Karl Popper’s work in the philosophy of science as well as his critique of totalitarianism, The Open Society and Its Enemies, which maintains that no philosophy or ideology has the final word on the truth and that societies can only flourish when they allow for democratic governance, freedom of expression, a diverse range of opinion, and respect for individual rights.
- No Longer Terrorism but Social Unrest is Now the Focus of Worry as the Speed of Change is Ten Years in Just Ten Months
- Prediction: The Next 100 Years: George Friedman
- Future Predictions: STRATFOR’s CEO, Dr. George Friedman, discusses his new book – a forecast of The Next 100 Years.
- Alien Planet “Full Documentary” is a Cosmic Expedition With Stephen Hawking, Michio Kaku, Jack Horner, Craig Venter, and George Lucas…
- Future Predictions: Warren Buffett bought $3.62 billion of stock in the three months ending June 30, 2011, so is this the bottom?