Will the 200% increase in some food prices return?
Image Source: http://learningenglish.voanews.com/
Between 2005 and 2008, average world prices for rice rose by 217%
Experts Ashok Gulati, agricultural economist, chairman of the committee of agricultural costs and prices; Keshav Rao, senior leader, Congress; Nalin Kohli, national executive member, BJP; Hari Damodaran, opinion editor, Business Line, and Devender Sharma, agriculture expert, discuss why food prices are going up despite high food grain production.
Watch full show ->>>
The World Bank President Robert Zoellick speaks about global food prices (Source: Bloomberg)
NIA projects that at the average U.S. grocery store it will soon cost;
Graphic Image Source: http://yourdaddy.net
- Future Predictions: Vulnerability to Poverty Will Increase Over Food Insecurity With the Impact of Price Swings Predicted by FAO and UN
- Predictions: Food Price Volatility and Supply Disruptions are Coming in 2011
- PREDICTION: Bernanke’s Money Printing to Cover Bank Theft Is Leading to Food Inflation Worldwide
- Future Prediction: Future riot deaths blamed on an increase caused by food price increases and unemployment jump in 2011
- Prediction: Oil Prices Extend Above $200 a Barrel and Above $7 a Gallon