Photo Credit: liquidstyle.co.za
Peter Diamandis is the founder and chairman of the X Prize Foundation, which offers big cash prizes “to bring about radical breakthroughs for the benefit of humanity.” Reason’s Tim Cavanaugh sat down to talk with Peter about his new book Abundance and why he think we live in an “incredible time”, but no one realizes it. Peter thinks that there are some powerful human forces combined with technological advancements that are transforming the world for the better.
“The challenge is that the rate of innovation is so fast…” Peter says, “the government can’t keep up with it.” If the government tries to play “catch up” with regulations and policy, the technology with just go overseas. Certain inovations in “food, water, housing, health, education is getting better and better.” Peter “hopes we are not going to be in a situation where, entrenched interests are preventing the consumer from having better health care.”
- Emerging Technologies: Leading Minds Within Entire Global Agenda Council Predictions Foresee the Top 10 Emerging Technologies for 2012
- Future Predictions: “Abundance — The Future Is Better Than You Think” A Powerful New Book the Antidote to Today’s Malaise and Pessimism
- Future Predictions: The End of the Future Really! Peter Thiel Makes the Claim We Find Ourselves in a Desert, and Not in an Enchanted Forest.
- Future Predictions: Stevens Institute of Technology: Wired For War with Peter W. Singer
- Future Predictions University: What is the Best Way to Predict the Future in an Exponentially Changing World? 10⁹+ SU Team Projects