Image Source: plusultratech.com
“Claytronics” is an new area of engineering study focused on reconfigurable nanoscale robots (‘claytronic atoms’, or catoms) designed to form much larger scale machines or mechanisms.
Better known in intellectual engineering circles as “programmable matter”, with sub-millimeter computers that will have the ability to move around, communicate with other computers, change color, and electrostatically connect to form different shapes.
The forms could morph or change into nearly any object.
- Future: What Will the Humanoids and Robots of the Future Look Like? John Nolan Has Made Them Already and is Waiting for the Artificial Intelligence to Match
- Predictions: When Will You Have a Stroke or Heart Attack? Prediction Accuracy is a Matter of Statistics!
- Warehouse Robots Amazing: The Future of Why Artificial Intelligence Is Nothing Like the Human Mind
- Glass: A Day Made of Glass is Corning’s Vision for the Future
- Robots Advance to Humanoid Stature