With his team at SENSEable City Lab, MIT’s Carlo Ratti makes cool things by sensing the data we create. He pulls from passive data sets — like the calls we make, the garbage we throw away — to create surprising visualizations of city life. And he and his team create dazzling interactive environments from moving water and flying light, powered by simple gestures caught through sensors.
- Future Predictions: Floating Cities Expanding Exponentially
- Future Predictions: Smog Blankets the Cities as Only 1% of China’s 560 Million City Dwellers Breath Fresh Air as Coal Fired Plants Produce 80% of the Energy
- Future Predictions: China to Build 50 Square Mile Self-Contained City South of Boise, Idaho Airport to be a 30,000 Acre “Self-sustaining City”
- Future: Flyfire Advertising Takes on the Fire Fly Look With Thousands of LED Lights Orbiting the Sky in Spectacular Synchronized Motions
- Some American Cities and Municipalities Will File Bankruptcy in 2012 as the Federal Bailout Ends Causing More Banks to Close