Today, our NewsHour inclusive statistic of all un- and under-employed totals more than 26 million Americans, nearly 17 percent of the work force. How many of them worked at jobs that machines now perform more cheaply? How many so-called knowledge workers are threatened by the likes of IBM’s “Jeopardy” champ, Watson?
- Future Prediction: Brain-Machine Interface Technology Widely Distributed Enabling Control of a Robot by Human Thought Alone
- Prediction: Egyptian Style Revolution in America in 2011 as Legislators Vote to Strip Collective Bargaining Rights from Workers
- Future Predictions: What Does a Time Machine Repairman See in the Future? “How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe,” by Charles Yu
- Predictions: Self-Improving Artificial Intelligence Will Lead Machine Learning
- Future Predictions: IBM at USC Predictions for 2050