THE NOKIA SENSING X CHALLENGE
A $2.25 MILLION GLOBAL COMPETITION
TO REVOLUTIONIZE DIGITAL HEALTHCARE
Envision a future where everyone has access to affordable, personalized healthcare through sophisticated sensing technologies that put you in charge of your own health. Where sensors and devices recognize and measure your personal health information, provide insights and recommendations relevant to you and communicate that information to your physician. That’s the aim of this competition by Nokia Sensing X Challenge: a whole new level of personalized, digital health information.
X-PRIZE Foundation proposed a US$10 million prize
X-PRIZE Foundation proposed a US$10 million Tricorder X-PRIZE, with the intention of encouraging the production of consumer devices that can assess a person’s state of health. The first potential contestant, which already has a tricorder in the works, is a tech start-up by the name of Scanadu.
- Future Predictions: A Medical Tricorder is in Our Horizon With a $10 Million X Prize Challenge to Diagnose Patients Better Than a Panel of Board Certified Physicians
- Future Medicine: Algorithm Uses Patient Data To Predict Future Health Conditions
- Future Prediction: Brain-Machine Interface Technology Widely Distributed Enabling Control of a Robot by Human Thought Alone
- Announcing TEDMED 2009 the Future of the Healthcare X Prize
- NetWitness Reports of massive cyber attack – Symantec responds with State of Enterprise Security Study providing defensive services