NERVOUS Greeks are withdrawing up to 800 million euros ($1.01 billion) a day and stocking up on canned food as they fear the country will be forced to leave the eurozone after this Sunday’s election.
Greek citizens fear the ramifications of a return to the country’s previous currency, the drachma, if the radical left-wing party and strong election contender SYRIZA wins this weekend.
Bankers said daily withdrawals from the major banks were hitting €500-€800 million ($631.8 million-$1.01 billion), Reuters reported.
Quote Source>>>> heraldsun.com.au and Image: ITV
- Future Predictions: $32 Billion to be Recovered as U.S. Government Goes Nuclear Against the Big Banks
- Future Predictions: Zuckerberg Could Lead a $100 Billion IPO Hottest Since Google with Nearly 900,000 Facebook Members
- Future: Should US Banks Be Left Unregulated to Compete with World’s Top 10 Banks? – See List!
- Predictions: Advertising Spending in China to explode by 2014 to $9.5 billion
- Prediction: Net interest expense will triple to an all-time high of $554 billion in 2015 from $185 billion in 2010, according to the Obama administration’s adjusted 2011 budget.