With over a billion users, today’s Internet is arguably the most successful human artifact ever created. The Future Internet, an initiative driven by the European Union, has become a prime research focus of STI International and the Service Web 3.0 project. In order to explain, promote, and attract new contributors, we created a video to be viewed by stakeholders, who may be non-experts, in a new generation Internet. The video outlines the basic themes of the European Union’s Future Internet initiative. These include: an Internet of Services, where services are ubiquitous; an Internet of Things where in principle every physical object becomes an online addressable resource; a Mobile Internet where 24/7 seamless connectivity over multiple devices is the norm; and the need for semantics in order to meet the challenges presented by the dramatic increase in the scale of content and users.
- Future Predictions: The Future Internet: Service Web 3.0
- Future Predictions: Chief Internet Evangelist at Google, Talks About the 3 Big Issues Facing the Future of the Internet
- Google Internet Summit 2009: The Future of global networks
- Future: A Single Day in the Internet Suggests 5 Key Ideas on How to Use Social Media For Professional Development
- Future Predictions: How Big is the Internet Going to Be? Growing to Nearly 1 Billion Web Sites in the Next Year!