Forbes report argues that Google Glass will be standing in the way of Facebook’s maneuvering for a larger mobile presence.
By allowing professional photographers to preview the device, Google is signaling that Project Glass is not simply a mobile device, but also as a social device. Photos are a key part of modern human social interaction, and Glass will provide a way for users to share their first-hand experiences, to allow others to see things from their perspective. Facebook wants users to fill their Timelines with a record of their life. However, if all of those experiences are filtered through the view of a Google product, will Facebook ever be able to get ahead? Source: webpronews.com/
Google gave quite the dramatic presentation when Sergey Brin interrupted a Google+ presentation to demo the much talked about Project Glass. This is the Project Glass presentation in its entirety.
The announcement behind all the spectacle was that Google I/O attendees will be able to pre-order the “Explorer Edition” of Google Glass for $1,500. U.S.-based convention attendees will be able to have the device shipped to them “early next year.”
Image Source: Wired.com / Google
- Future of Google “Project Glass” Bringing Augmented Reality Glasses Here Now Wow
- Future: Google Glasses Will Show Augmented Reality in Your Glasses By Fall 2012
- Prediction: “Mobile Augmented Reality” Presenting “Google Goggles” – Instead of using words, take a picture to search the web
- Future Predictions: Zuckerberg Could Lead a $100 Billion IPO Hottest Since Google with Nearly 900,000 Facebook Members
- Future Predictions Social: Google+ Growth Jumps 1,269% Watch Out Facebook Are You the New Myspace?