“The People’s Car Project is an initiative launched by VW in China to design the new people’s car, an open-source project where citizens can submit ideas to VW’s R&D in China.
This is the case of Jia Wang who thought of a solution for traffic congestion in the city of Chengdu with a small urban vehicle, spherical, connected that can be parked everywhere (even in the air!) with a simplified operation allowing everyone to take the wheel.
Starting from these basic concepts, VW’s engineers made this idea become true with an original vehicle using electromagnetic levitation -to provide freedom and comfort- but also safety oriented with distance sensors to avoid crashes.”
Image and Quote Source: VW technologicvehicles.com
- Multiple Kill Vehicle (MKV-L): Concept & Hover Test – Are you ready for a vision of a hovering murderbot?
- Future Predictions: The Venus Project
- Future of Google “Project Glass” Bringing Augmented Reality Glasses Here Now Wow
- Predictions: Advertising Spending in China to explode by 2014 to $9.5 billion
- Future Predictions: Will China’s Economy Surpass Ours Within 5 Years? 15 Facts You Won’t Believe About China!