There’s some amazing things coming down the healthcare pipeline and Daniel Kraft (@daniel_kraft) knows a “little” about all of them. We asked him to take us on a rollercoaster-journey through them.
Take for example regenerative medicine, which is starting to experience tremendous growth with the blossoming use of stem cells to help the body heal and replace damaged tissue. Or personalized medicine that allow for far more precise dosage and effectiveness for individuals, not masses. Kraft will touch upon some impressive developments that hint us to the future of medicine. Kraft teaches at Stanford University, is an expert on regenerative medicine, and a member of the faculty at Singularity University and is directing their upcoming FutureMed program
THE BIOTECH REVOLUTION – Visions Of The Future – BBC
Genetics and biotechnology promise a future of unprecedented health and longevity: DNA screening could prevent many diseases, gene therapy could cure them and, thanks to lab-grown organs, the human body could be repaired as easily as a car, with spare parts readily available. Ultimately, the ageing process itself could be slowed down or even halted.
Image Source: techi.com
- Predictions: Organ Printing as Dr. Forgacs envisions fully implantable organs printed from a patient’s own cells.
- Announcing TEDMED 2009 the Future of the Healthcare X Prize
- Prediction: Regenerative Medicine is Doing Just That — Engineering Over 30 Tissues and Whole Organs: Is the Transplant and Organ Donation History?
- Prediction: “A New Future for Healthcare”
- FUTUREPREDICTIONS.COM ANNOUNCES OUR NEW IMPROVED EDITION INVITING YOU TO CONTRIBUTE