Andy Wilson demonstrates the Holoflector
Image Source STEVE RINGMAN / THE SEATTLE TIMES
Craig Mundie, Microsoft’s Chief Research and Strategy Officer, describes how technologies today and in the future will enable more natural interactions, enhanced capabilities, make better decisions and help us connect with each other.
Holoflector is a unique, interactive augmented-reality mirror. Graphics are superimposed correctly on your own reflection to enable a novel augmented-reality experience. Presented at Microsoft Research’s TechFest 2012, Holoflector leverages the combined abilities of Kinect and Windows Phone to infer the position of your phone and render graphics that seem to hover above it.
Image STEVE RINGMAN / THE SEATTLE TIMES
- 1,000 trillion operations per second: The future of computing at Los Alamos
- Prediction: Augmented Reality – Bionic Vision is in Your Future to Include Night Vision and Extreme Distance Zooming in Fine Detail
- Future of Google “Project Glass” Bringing Augmented Reality Glasses Here Now Wow
- Prediction: Personal Cloud to Become Center of Users Digital Lives by 2014
- FUTURE NEWS: FDA APPROVES IMPLANTABLE MINI-TELESCOPE TO IMPROVE VISION