A team within our Google[x] group started Project Glass to build this kind of technology, one that helps you explore and share your world, putting you back in the moment.
Follow along with us at as we share some of our ideas and stories. We’d love to hear yours, too. What would you like to see from Project Glass?
The concept video for the Glass project concentrates on the cool things you may do with it one day — create instant contact with friends, monitor feeds about weather and other info, get information about a subway station out of service, receive turn by turn directions on the way to a destination, snap a picture by command, even find your way to a certain tome in the labyrinthine Strand bookstore. Everything works perfectly because, well, it’s a concept video and not a depiction of something that’s actually perfected. But Googlers have been testing prototypes and have already solved some (not all) of the challenges required to make this real and feasible. (In other words, this is more grounded than the Apple’s famous 1987 Knowledge Navigator concept video — which, although way premature, is looking prescient these days.) Source: Wired.com
- Future: Google Glasses Will Show Augmented Reality in Your Glasses By Fall 2012
- Prediction: “Mobile Augmented Reality” Presenting “Google Goggles” – Instead of using words, take a picture to search the web
- Prediction: Augmented Reality – Bionic Vision is in Your Future to Include Night Vision and Extreme Distance Zooming in Fine Detail
- Access the Jewish Defense League – Kristallnacht The Night of Broken Glass
- Future Predictions: The Venus Project