Guest host Betty Liu of Bloomberg Television, Nouriel Roubini of New York University and Richard McGregor of the Financial Times on the China currency debate.
. . . .
“Nouriel Roubini says that the unemployment problems of America are not to be blamed on the trade or on China : …the unemployment rate is nine percent including discouraged workers and partially employed workers 16.5 percent including people in jail is 20 percent among young and minorities it is close to thirty percent , half of the unemployed are long term unemployed , but a very little fraction of this problem has to do with China and exchange rate it has to do with the policy that led to the house boom and the housing bust about the fact that we are not invested in productivity and long term economic growth , so blame it on the Chinese does not make sense , of course in a situation where you have high unemployment rates you have social and political malaise people blame globalization people blame trade people blame China but the fundamental problems of the US are much deeper much structured” [Via: nourielroubini.blogspot.com]
- Future Predictions: China “hard landing” after 2013 said Nouriel Roubini
- Nouriel Roubini predicts “US Unemployment above 11% in 2010″
- Prediction: Nouriel Roubini Suggests That Surging Food and Energy Costs to Topple More Governments in 2011
- Future Predictions: Dollar Dropped 4.8% in April, Down 8.4% Since 1/1/11, Chinese Yuan May Become the Reserve Currency by 2013
- Future Predictions: Will China’s Economy Surpass Ours Within 5 Years? 15 Facts You Won’t Believe About China!