3D Dynamic Images of Neurons @EPFL
“Researchers at the Blue Brain Project at the Brain and Mind Institute of the École Polytechnique Fédérale in Lausanne, Switzerland, think so. They’ve already build a model of the 10,000-neuron neocortical column that, running on a massively powerful IBM Blue Gene/P supercomputer (pictured above), looks pretty amazing.
But the human brain contains billions upon billions of neurons, and a lot of its processes are poorly understood. There’s an argument that as we build a brain, we’ll learn more and more about it, increasing our rate of understanding exponentially year after year. But there’s still so much we don’t know that it’s difficult to be optimistic that even the geniuses (we’ll resist the temptation to call them brainiacs) at Blue Brain can grow their synthetic brain that quickly.” Source>>>>
- TRANSHUMANISM, a 30-part video about technological brain evolution and The Blue Brain Project to reverse-engineer the brain.
- Future Prediction: Brain-Machine Interface Technology Widely Distributed Enabling Control of a Robot by Human Thought Alone
- Mind Reading by ECoG as Brain Computer Interface Will Become Common
- Predictions: The future of the brain by Professor Steven Rose
- The future of the Brain reverse engineered within 20 years