Predicted Supreme Court June 2012 Ruling
Appeals Court Throws Out Health-Care Mandate
August 12, 2011
“A federal appeals court struck down as unconstitutional the central provision of President Barack Obama’s health-care law requiring most Americans get coverage, bringing the 2010 act ever-closer to the U.S. Supreme Court.
The 2 to 1 ruling is in direct conflict with an earlier decision by a federal appeals panel in Cincinnati, which upheld the individual mandate. The provision exceeds Congress’s power to regulate commerce, a U.S. appeals panel in Atlanta ruled today, affirming in part a lower court in a suit by 26 states.
“This guarantees that the Supreme Court will rule on the constitutionality of the individual mandate, and makes it very likely that the court’s ruling will come by the end of June 2012,” said Kevin Walsh, an assistant professor at the University of Richmond School of Law in Virginia.” Source>>>
In a debate presented by the Amherst Political Union, four of the nation’s most prominent legal scholars are brought together for the first time to debate the constitutionality of the individual mandate– the central provision of the Affordable Care Act: Akhil Reed Amar, Ilya Somin, Roderick M. Hills, Jr and Ilya Shapiro.
This House Believes that the Individual Mandate is Unconstitutional.
Before the debate: 19% agree 38% disagree 44% undecided
After the debate: 18% (-1%) agree 66% (+28%) disagree 16% (-28%) undecided
- Prediction: Net Neutrality Will Be Decided By the Supreme Court
- Let the largest dedicated medical equity investment firm coach us on the future of healthcare reform
- Prediction: “A New Future for Healthcare”
- Future Predictions: 2012 Solar Flare May Knock Out the Power Grid and Economy as NASA Suggests Magnetic Protective Shield Has Holes
- The Future of Healthcare an Optimistic Exciting View Forward!