Social Networks: Is the Novelty Wearing Off?
Panelists at the Churchill Club’s annual Top Ten Tech Trends event debate whether or not social networks are beginning to develop an “uncool factor” among early adopters. Futurist Paul Saffo predicts a shift towards “meaningful social networks” and a growing trend towards being disconnected. “The cool thing will be to not be on LinkedIn and to not be on Facebook,” says Saffo.
- Google Internet Summit 2009: The Future of global networks
- Predictions: Is the Social Media Revolution a fad?
- Futurism and beyond Ray Kurzweil – Links worth a click
- Future Predictions: Molecular Robots and the World of Neural Networks
- Predictions: Why the Social Media Revolution Will Explode from Mild to WILD!!