America Has Demographic Opportunities After We Add Another 100 Million
“What will America be like in 40 years, after it adds another 100 million people? With so much bipartisan handwringing about everything from illegal immigration to environmental degradation, it seems like many are expecting America to collapse before 2050. Enter urban historian Joel Kotkin, who offers a rare and optimistic take on America’s future.
Kotkin is the Distinguished Presidential Fellow in Urban Futures at Chapman University and the author of the new book, The Next Hundred Million: America in 2050. Topics include: immigration, suburbia, job creation, why America’s demographic trajectory gives it an advantage over its peers.
Interview by Ted Balaker, shot by Paul Detrick and Zach Weissmueller, and edited by Alex Manning.”
- Future Predictions: A View of the World’s Population Growing to 9 Billion Over the Next 50 Years Only Raising Living Standards Will Stop This
- Prediction: World Population to hit 7 billion
- Predictions: With 60 million new urban dwellers each year, cities are the engine of growth.
- Prediction: Economic Growth Will Come from America Exporting to the Emerging Markets Growing Middle Class
- Future Predictions: The Push for Democracy by America Does Not Include the Arab World